Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Bible Truly is an Amazing Book

Thanks to an old friend, I recently started studying the book of John again (see Broussard's Bible Blog). Part of that study, requires me to go through some very old notebooks that I wrote notes in while studying. I received a HUGE blessing this weekend as I read an old entry...

12-19-2002
For so many years, I refused Your Masterhood, but now I rejoice in it. I couldn't deal with Your perfection, but now Your perfection brings me pure joy. Your love is unconditional, Your judgment is justice and your salvation is free. "Your judgment is justice," though it may seem crazy, that is my favorite part about You. You will not plea bargain. I know that the verdict in my case is the only thing in this world that is fair, unbiased. I can hold onto that with my dear life! I can take that to the bank! I can bet my bottom dollar! Lord, I know most people do not get so excited over judgment, but I just feel like your fairness is something I can depend on in a world that is truly unfair.


I've been told many times throughout my decade as a Christian that the Bible is a "magical" book that always applies to my life. Even if I reread the same passage, on two different days, the passage will somehow apply.

The above excerpt was written over seven years ago. I actually remember the circumstances surrounding that particular joy I was feeling that day.

And yet, today, seven years later, the same principle applies, but in an entirely different manner. I can once again rejoice in God's fair judgment. I can once again take solace in the perfection of God, and chose to allow HIM to provide due punishment. I can wash my hands of the worry and fret and stress that I have suffered the last year for another's crime and bank on God having the final say. PTL for His great and mighty blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment