Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Communication With the Dead?

I haven't thought much about communication with the afterlife, honestly. But I had something happen to me last night that really makes me wonder.

My husband is working overnights this week,so I have been staying up far too late into the wee hours playing Farmville, writing, reading, watching television,etc.

Last night, around 3 am or so, I was farming and I was trying to finish up my notes on John 4. I think I kept falling asleep at the computer, though. Farmville has been running very slow this week, so it isn't too far-fetched to think I might doze off while waiting for something to load.

At some point, I realized I was sleeping and went and laid down on the couch. (I don't sleep in my bed without my husband.)

So this morning, around 8ish, my husband wakes me and we chit-chat until he falls asleep. I go sit at the computer to enjoy a cup of coffee and play some Farmville. I look at my notebook to see where I left off with John 4, and the last thing written is:

"Rudy didn't get a chance to say goodbye and he holds a lot of animosity for that."

What the???

So I reread some of the other notes on the page to see if they are all weird, and nope, they are legitimate notes from my study of John 4.

In case you didn't know, there is no mention of a "Rudy" in the Bible; especially not in John 4.

I actually know a gentleman named Rudy who has passed on, and we DIDN'T get to say good-bye. Would he really have animosity? I don't think so, but 80+ year-old men are funny like that...

It seems to me that I received a message in my sleeping stupor and wrote it down.

A few more things to note:
1. I do not at all remember writing this note.
2.The writing is in my exact penmanship - not sloppy from being written by a sleeping person.
3. I was watching the Cosby show around 1:30 am, and Rudy was the focus of the episode, so maybe it was just some weird combination of sleep, Bible study, and the Cosby show?

Like I said, I haven't thought much about communication with the dead, so any thoughts you have would be greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment