Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Finally, a Respectable Response!

As I logged onto my computer this morning, the headline on Drudge was a photo of Mr. Obama with the quote, "Plug the damn hole!"

With excited anticipation, I quickly clicked the link. I was taken to a Reuters article that was long and boring, but I skimmed anyway hoping for that key phrase.

Why? Because I was hoping and praying that "Plug the damn hole" was truly the reaction of our President to the needless, endless debacle in the Gulf Coast. That is EXACTLY the kind of response I am looking for. Anger, frustration, real, and demanding. That is exactly how I think the President of the United States of America handles a crisis. With fortitude. With vigor. With power. And with an occasional curse word.

Buried deep in the article, the phrase finally showed. Obviously, the writer had no idea the significance the quote. But there it was. A phrase that Obama has apparently spoken to aides in recent days...I love it!

2 comments:

  1. "plug the damn hole" ... now that's a hook ... a whole book could be written around.

    Imagine ... here we have President Suave, voicing the hopes of all the working people, whose livelihoods depend on the Gulf of Mexico. Juxtaposed to Mr. BP, a soulless, glib mannequin of a man.

    I wouldn't write an autobiography any time soon. The political shenanigans leading up to the sinking of the Deepwater Horizon is the screen play in your future ... if you choose to accept the assignment.

    You'll ride the coattails of Katrina... all the way to the bank!

    It's all there: political intrigue, back room deals, public chicanery, huge money in play, widows and orphans, blue collar worker bees, jilted girlfriends ... somewhere, industrial espionage ... I wish I had the time to write it, myself!

    Cast: Matt Damon, Brad Pitt, Don Cheedle, Angela Jolie, Ned Beaty, George Clooney, Meryl Streep, Hillary Swank even. And all the parts will be blockbusters, in their own right!

    You want to write ... the story of the decade ... just fell into your lap ...

    Best regards...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nellie -

    Thanks so much for your encouragement in my writing. Yours is definitely creative :)

    Honestly, I never considered writing a book except my own story. I wonder how I'd fare telling someone else's story...In this circumstance, I'm FAR too biased. (see HubPages http://hubpages.com/hub/Barack-Obama-Nobel-Laureate-2009) I wonder if there is an anti-Nobel prize for damage done to the environment? for damage done to the livelihood of thousands of people?

    ReplyDelete