Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter 2014

Easter is just no big deal to me. I think it's the confusion between the bunny and Jesus. I think it is all the people who go to church this Sunday morning out of duty. I think it's the focus placed on candy and stuff. I think it's the human error in the celebrations of Lent and Passover and churches having Easter egg hunts. I think it's the culmination of all these things that makes Easter a non-issue on the holiday scale for me. My kids don't color eggs, they don't participate in egg hunts, they don't get buckets of candy, and we also don't go to church on Easter.

Make no mistake, I am a Christian. I love Jesus Christ with all my heart, soul, breath and strength.

But I do not go to church on Easter Sunday. No. I refuse.

Today, I think, I will make my family a healthy, energizing breakfast, and then we will go hiking...

Romans 1:20 "For since the Creation of the world, His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse."
posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment