Monday, August 3, 2009

Poetry

I read recently that the subtle nuances in poetry can express beauty better than any essay ever could.

Tonight, as I stood on my back porch, soaking in the full moon, I greatly wished for the gift of prose. But alas, I have none.

The way the moon back lit the sporadic clouds was simply breathtaking. Adding to the glory were the random, barely visible stars. Included in the sight was the ominous darkness of the "moutains" (big hills, really, but the closest thing to a mountain I have ever lived near.)

I wish I could write you a poem so you could see it too. Maybe my inability to write "fluffy" is a side effect of often skipping the description in books and jumping to the action. Hmph.

I know from experience that a photograph would do that sight no justice, so I did not even try. But that imagine will be forever ingrained in my mind.

Romans 1:20 "The basic reality of God is plain enough. Open your eyes and there it is! By taking a long and thoughtful look at what God has created, people have always been able to see what their eyes can't see; eternal power, for instance, and the mystery of his diving being. So nobody has a good excuse." (The Message)

1 comment:

  1. A week or so after writing this blog, I saw a moonrise! Can you imagine?! It was about 9:30, and the moon came over the mountain. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.

    ReplyDelete