Sunday, January 9, 2011

Books! Books! Books!

Even though I said "my heart wouldn't be in to it," I set a goal for the first three months of 2011.

I plan to read one book every week until the baby is born.

It's a lofty goal, I know, but I keep hearing that once the baby is born, I will not have time to read, and there are just so very many books I want to read!

Book #1 is called "What Mothers Do" by Naomi Stadlen, and boy is it a doozy!

I have been taking notes with the hope that as soon as the carpal tunnel lets up, I'll clue you all in to what I have learned :)

My second book will be, "Mindful Motherhood." I read the introduction and was already able to share some knowledge with a blogging friend (see comments).

PS: She has been blogging for a month and has 4 times as many followers. What gives?! Is there really no one reading my writing?!

Book #3, I think, will be "No one is the Bitch." It is going to help me learn my "place" as a stepparent, I hope...

And then, I plan to round out January with something light. Maybe I'll buy the 16th Stephanie Plum book :)

3 comments:

  1. If I could figure out how to become a follower, I would!

    Karen (tosie)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tosie (Karen). I appreciate the sentiment :)

    If you are truly interested, there is a Google link towards the bottom right. But now that I think about it, I don't know if REALLY matters, right?! I mean if people enjoy my writing, great, I don't NEED to know :)

    Thanks for letting me know you stopped by, though, that I greatly appreciate!

    Many many blessings (and 7-letter words),
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THAT YOU'RE DOING THIS! So fun!

    ReplyDelete