Sunday, June 19, 2011

Fathers and Daughters

I don't have the emotional strength to relive the past for you today. But I hope you might take the time to read what I wrote when I had the strength.

Nature vs. Nurture
A Girl Needs Her Daddy
An Old Journal Writing

I don't have the time to write some beautiful prose about how my stepfather has come to be a father that I truly love. But trust me when I tell you, he has. I wish more than anything that he lived next door.


I don't regret any of the bullshit we experienced in the last 32 years, but I am more likely to recall the good stuff - like the mashed potato patties, the steak fondue, the motorcycle rides, and the lighter between his toes.

I love that crazy man, and I am thankful that he stuck around long enough for me to realize it.

No comments:

Post a Comment