Sunday, July 11, 2010

Clarification on the word "UGLY"

When I said the West Side of O'ahu was "ugly," please know I was referring to the lack of trees, flowers, green hillsides...It had nothing to do with the inundation of ramshackle houses, fast food chains and tent cities...

"The Dark Side of the Waianae Coast" is a depressing sight to see, but it doesn't mean you should not visit this location.

When I blog from my phone, I only am able to input 140 characters at a time, so I have to be as concise as possible. I meant no disrespect to the PEOPLE of the West Side.

Read all about my Hawaiian Adventure

2 comments:

  1. I find your comments very hurtful and distasteful. If you go around finding only the bad in things, that is what you will find. Why would anyone want to visit the west side with comments like yours to rely on. I think you owe the people and area an apology.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anonymous,

    By your comment, I am going to assume you did not actually read my post regarding the West Side. If you had, you would realize that you are indeed, the pot calling the kettle "black."

    Did you tell E.J.Sanders to apologize also? (That is the writer of the linked article "The Dark Side of the Waianae Coast.")

    I hope you also do not read my post on the history of the Hawaiian Islands. I am sure you will find it offensive. http://lesliewantstowrite.blogspot.com/2010/07/hawaiian-history-sovereignty-movement.html

    Ironically, I thought the exact same thing about the Hawaiians opinion of man...

    Tuesday, July 20, 2010
    At the HI State Art Museum. Interesting that natives focus on the destruction caused by man rather than the beauty created by God.

    ReplyDelete