Saturday, July 10, 2010

Road Trip!

Now that I have finished reading Oahu Revealed, I have changed my itinerary a little for the drive around the island today.

First, I plan to let Chris drive a ridiculously curvy mountain road (Tantalus). Why? Because the views will be awesome for me and the drive will get him "in the mood" for the trip :)

Then we will take the 61 North to the Pali Lookout.

Then the 83 N to the Valley of Temples

Then continue north on the 83 to La'ie Point

We'll take the 83 around north side of the island to 930 and go west. When the road ends, you gotta hike to the westernmost point of the island Ka'ena Point. But what I really want to see is the Hawaiian sacred site "Leaping Place for Souls."

I'm a really weird tourist, aren't I?! I have no interest in the water or the beaches, I want to learn about the island through their trees and birds and sacred sites.

By the way, we'll be seeing mountains and beaches the whole way - it is an island after all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment