Thursday, July 16, 2009

Monday May 5, 2008

Shame
Current mood: pensive
I was struck with a heartbreaking revelation this week while doing my BSF lesson on Matthew 27. I have no idea if my thoughts are theologically right or wrong, but it is an interesting idea to ponder...
According to Scripture, Jesus did not sin. That would mean to me, that He never felt shame. Until He was up on that cross and bore all my sins. Then, like Adam and Eve in the garden, realized He was naked and felt ashamed....
He never had anything to be ashamed of until He was imputed with my sins. That makes me so sad. Shame is a gut-wrenching, horrific emotion, caused solely by sin. A person would do well to never feel that emotion in their life. It breaks my heart that Jesus had to feel it because of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment