Thursday, July 16, 2009

Thursday April 24, 2008

omfg
Current mood: pissed off

TWO people (who do not talk to each other) have said in the last month that I make them uncomfortable and that I am judgmental. Verbatim. No joke. TWO people have said the exact same thing about me in exactly 30 days.
Now, because of what I know of both of these individuals, I am tempted to chalk it up to jealousy or bitterness or negativity or some other piss-poor excuse. BUT at the same time, TWO people who never talk to each other coming to the SAME conclusion, warrants more attention than a shrug of the shoulders. Lord knows, I don't WANT to be judgmental or make people uncomfortable.
That brings me to another point...I really wish the word "judgmental" did not exist in the English language. 99 percent of the time, it's a cop-out from someone who doesn't want to deal with reality.
First of all, EVERYONE has an opinion. Everyone has a right to have their opinion.
Second of all, I have previously been judgmental in my life, but I know that these two individuals have NOT been judged by me. Over the last couple years, I have grown to understand a lot better exactly who I am in the sight of God, thus rendering any "judgment" I have pointless.
I do, however, as a human being, have opinions. Is that wrong? No. When its wrong is when I voice those opinions with the intent of hurting people or making others feel shitty. I DO NOT DO THAT. I share my opinions with my husband or Amy or Channing - people whom I think understand me and where I'm coming from. I share these opinions with the hope of gaining a better understanding of human beings. Why do they make stupid decisions? Why do they go about their lives in this manner? Why do they do thus and such? It's not wrong to have conversations about human beings.
So...what the hell do I do now?
Do I change whatever it is I am doing?
Do I NOT change anything about me and just pray that they would see the error in their judgments?

No comments:

Post a Comment