Thursday, July 16, 2009

Saturday January 17, 2009

Bruce
Current mood: discontent

One of the few things I remember about Bruce Lee is a line in a movie where he kicks someone's ass and they look at him like, "Who are you??" And he responds, "They call me Bruce."

Now granted no one actually calls me "Bruce," but they could - my name is Broussard. I am Mrs. Fucking Broussard. And though I wasnt born with that namesake, it was given to me. And no mother fucker can take that away. You may not know this, but the name Broussard means something. It stands for dignity and honor and respect and integrity and strength. I haven't necessarily been all of those things in recent times, but I am now. I am strong and courageous ans brave and beautiful and full of life. Just knowing my name will tell you that. I am LeslieAnn Beatrice Broussard. No one can take that from me. I am going to take everything that name means and live it out loud.

PS - this blog would be more eloquent if I weren't writing it on my phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment