Thursday, July 16, 2009

Thursday April 10, 2008

My Man
Current mood: blessed
Any words I can put on a page can't even begin to describe my husband, but I want to try. If you don't know him, you should make it a point to get to know him. Your world will be better with him in it.
He is amazing. He is funny. He is intelligent. He is diligent. He is worthy of all my love and pride and time. He is responsible. He is calm and patient. He truly is an anamoly amongst men. He listens to me - whether I am talking about drama between girls or a silly television show or about my feelings. He really really listens. And he responds. Not just with words of advice to fix the problem, but also with empathy and genuine concern. He responds with actions, too. He truly wants nothing but my happiness and will stop at NOTHING to make it happen. He is willing to set himself aside to meet me where I am at. (Thankfully, I am a good little wife and don't EVER take advantage of that.)
Christopher David Broussard is the most amazing partner God could have ever given to me. He is my opposite but my most perfect complement. He brings balance to my histrionics. He brings realism to my optimism. He is a servant leader.
I love talking to him. I love dreaming with him. I love plotting and planning our future with him. I love going on adventures with him. I love sitting on the couch and watching whatever movie he is in the mood to watch with him. I love watching him interact with the cats.
He is a natural-born father. I wish you could see him with Brytin. It is such a joy to witness them interact. Everytime I have the opportunity to watch them together, all my hope for this world is restored. Brytin is very blessed to have a man of his caliber as a father.
I am so thankful he is in my life. I am so thankful that I have it in me to appreciate him in all his glory - as a husband, as a father, as a provider and a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment